The tour begins at 07:30 am or 2:30 pm from your hotel’s lobby, in order to reach El Silencio Private Reserve, to reach as close to the Arenal Volcano as permitted by car. From there, we will begin a 1 km walk along a trail of volcanic rock,rated as moderate in difficulty, to reach the observation point, which is the closest to the base of the volcano we can legally get. At the observation point, your guide will provide interesting information regarding the formation of the Arenal Volcano,its periods of activity, and unedited details of its major eruption in 1968, as well as giving you the opportunity to enjoy the incredible views of the Arenal Volcano and the Arenal Lake. Afterwards, we will begin our return trip down the same trail to the starting point.
For the next stage of the expedition, we will change scenery and enter into the regenerating forest and small area of primary rainforest found at the base of the Arenal Volcano. This trail is about 1.5 km,in length, and with a little luck, you will have the opportunity to discover a large variety of flora and fauna, including toucans, wild turkeys, orioles,wild boars, snakes, and monkeys.
After the trails, your driver will be waiting for you, with a delicious snack of tropical fruit, before returning you to your hotel in La Fortuna to enjoy the remainder of your stay.
If you prefer, you can visit the hot springs of your choice for an approximately 3 hours, for an additional cost. After giving you time to enjoy these natural thermal waters, we will return to pick you up in our modern mini-vans to take you to your hotel.
- 3.5 km expedition along trails of solidified lava and primary rainforest.
- Observation point with incredible views of Lake Arenal and the lava flows of 1968.
- Opportunity to be as close as legally permitted to the base of the Arenal Volcano.
- Complete information of the history, geological formation, and cycles if the Arenal Volcano.
- Add hot springs of your choice at the end of the tour.
- Fresh fruits
- Experienced bilingual guide
- Transportation from the hotel with A/C & Wifi on vans
- Mineral bottled water
- Entrance fee
- Insect repellent
- Tennis shoes
- Comfortable clothing
- Rain coat
- Hiking shoes
• Price per person (USD).
• Child price: 8 to 11 yrs.
• Minimum age: 8 yrs.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• 2 adult minimum required to operate the tour.
• Good physical condition is required.
• Moderate hike, not recommended for children or senior citizens.
• Tour operated in English and Spanish (Bilingual)
• Vegetarian options available, please request at the time of Reservation.