This small ecological reserve, which regenerated naturally, thanks to the efforts of a group of people concerned about conservation of our environment and education of the children and adults of the area,
is a wonderful project which has cooperated with the sustainable tourism development of La Fortuna town.
The tour includes a circuit trail which is apt for all types of people, through the regenerating secondary rainforest. Here we will find a Botanical Garden with hundreds of species of plants, a butterfly garden with more than 40 species, different areas destined to natural frog reproduction, exhibition of medicinal plants, wetland which has been declared of national importance for bird nesting and observation, and the Maleku House, representative of an indigenous tribe from the Northern Region, which allows us to learn a little about the indigenous cultures of Costa Rica.
In addition to these highlights, the entire trail offers excellent opportunities to view the regenerating wildlife; frogs, snakes, turtles,caimans, monkeys, sloths, reptiles, agoutis and birds are usually seen around the area. At the end of our tour we will have a short visit to the Eco Center souvenir shop and enjoy a delicious snack of fresh fruit.
- Daily departures in themorning and afternoon.
- Short trail through atypical rainforest of the Northern Zone.
- 3 hours well spent insearch of sloths, caiman, turtles, frogs, and a large variety of tropical birds.
- Easy terrain trail (600meters or 0.37 miles), apt for the whole family.
- Botanical gardens with localspecies of medicinal and ornamental plants.
- Butterfly garden withmore than 40 species and wetlands ideal for nesting and birdwatching.
- Mineral bottled water
- Experienced bilingual guide
- Entrance fee
- Transportation from the hotel with A/C & Wifi on vans
- Rain coat
- Hiking shoes
- Insect repellent
• Price per person (USD).
• This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Price for children: 05 – 11 years.
• Child’s from 00 – 04 years are free.
• Bilingual guide (English and Spanish).